HDR Texture Connections
Easily change textures used for HDR and environment mapping in one location.
Quickly browse through all your HDR images to select the perfect one for rendering in C4D, Octane or anywhere else, as well as exporting to 3D PDF.
Step 1: Create a Texcon tag
Right Click on an object and select the TexCon tag from the 4D Publish Tags menu.
Step 2: Drag and drop a texture onto tag
- Select any File or Texture option from a material by clicking on the word "File" or "Texture".
- Now click and drag it directly onto the TexCon tag.
- This will attach that file, or texture, to the TexCon tag.
- Anytime the tags texture changes all the connected textures will also change.
Step 3: Set your hdr folders
- Open up the 4D Publish Preferences and set the folder for your HDR and 360 images.
- The HDR folder will read in all .hdr and .exr images.
- The 360 folder will read in all other image formats. Useful for images from devices such as the RICOH Theta S 360 camera.
- A thumbnail folder will be created in the folder that will contain sampled down thumbnails of all the images.