Support for loading in Quixel Mega Scan objects directly into C4D. Select an object to load from the Content View and in one click you can load in the entire model and all tetures, or just the textures and materials.
Step 1: Set the megascans folder
- Open up the C4D preferences
- Select 4D Publish
- Set the folder where all your Quixel MegaScans are located
Step 2: MAterial View
The Material View now has a dedicated tab just for MegaScans. All the scans from your chosen folder will be displayed in this tab. Double Click to load in the model, create a material and load in the textures.
Note: You may need to use the Reload All Textures, found in the 4D Publish menu, after loading to ensure that C4D updates its OpenGL textures.
Step 3: Right Click for Menu
Alternatively you can right click on an item and do one of the following.
- Load MegaScan: Same as double clicking
- Load Model: Just load in the model, no materials or textures.
- Create Material: Load in the material and all the textures used on the scan.
- Use As Stamp: Use the Albedo image as a stamp for painting or sculpting.
- Use As Stencil: Use the Albedo image as a stencil for painting or sculpting.
Step 4: Set LOD on the MegaScan Object
When you import a full MegaScan model it will create a MegaScan Object directly in C4D. From the Attribute Manager you can change the level of detail and texture resolutions to use when both in the editor and when rendering.