A new one click system has been added to easily load in all the textures exported from Mari and create a new material for each UDIM found. What would currently take hours to do manually can now be done in seconds.
Step 1: Import your 3D File
- Load in your 3D file.
- Next open up the Material View and use the Flip UVs button to correctly setup the UDIMs so that they are correct in the Y axis. See the above video for more information.
Step 2: Setup UDims for Object
- Make sure the object you imported is selected.
- Press the 'Setup UDIM's for Object' button on the Material View.
- Select a texture in the folder that contains all your named UDIM textures that were exported from Mari.
- Press Setup Selected to do the following
- Create a new material for each UDIM
- Create a selection tag for the UVs for each UDIM and assign it to the material
- Load in all the textures from the folder and assign them to the correct channel on the UDIM.
Step3 : Paint
- In the Material View right click on one of the new materials and select "Paint All".
- Select a paint brush and start painting .